This is meeee

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

3755R Ensure Site Usability

Thanks for recommending Dont Make Me Think by Steve Krug. I got it new from eBay for $30 - Angus & Robertson quoted me $70!

Ok - I did a desktop recording of a few questions and tasks using CamStudio - we both felt like idiots and it could have been a lot better and would be if I spent more time on it. I've never been good at role playing :P but I think it shows I have an idea of what to do for a usability test and hopefully, combined with my Report, will satisfy the learning outcomes for this Module. Let me know if you think I should re-do the recording or if I havent covered all the criteria in the Report.

This assignment certainly showed me some major flaws I didnt know existed in my portfolio website which I will be correcting as soon as I know how eg the css navigation menu overlaps the site content when the text size is enlarged in the browsers, the site map is difficult to find and I should have an option to 'search'.

That said I think my Usability Test was successful because the it made it clear there needs to be some changes to make the site more usable :)

Usability Test Recording
.avi format

Usability Report
.pdf format

No comments: